Preliminary design is an architectural concept of a building without engineering design calculations and details. Further elaboration is required for building and construction work.
- master plan;
- layout of floors;
- floor plans with furniture and equipment layout;
- colored front elevation;
- many-sided visualization;
- sectional views of a building;
- explanatory note substantiating architectural, ecological and technological decisions.
Detailed architectural design is performed on the basis of preliminary design. It comprises a project plan phase (PP) and a construction documents phase (CD). A project plan is an elaborated detailed architectural concept that factors in the features of constructional solutions, but for peculiar details. Construction documents are a set of building plans, drawings and supporting documents for the construction project. Project planning may comprise one or two phases (Construction Project + Construction Documents). It falls into three parts: architectural, constructional, and engineering.
The architectural part:
- front elevations from different perspectives, indicating general dimensions and particular elements;
- floor plans (house levels) providing the layout of premises, openings, sanitary equipment and kitchen fitting;
- sufficient amount of sectional views to demonstrate the space-planning decision, structural peculiarities and specific features of individual elements: floor and roof layer arrangement, staircase constructions, etc.
- roof plan demonstrating the layout, shape and dimensions of structural elements;
- architectural concept of particular elements (staircases, fences, swimming pool elements, sauna, green house);
- door and windows specification;
- roof element specification;
- exterior finish specification;
- explanatory note is a descriptive list of the basic elements and features, and technical and economic parameters.
Constructional solutions concerning foundation, coverings, one-piece sections, ceiling beams, lintels, roof structures, load bearing elements;
- foundation plan indicating foundation layout, used materials, etc.
- slab panel layout;
- drawings of constructional units and building parts;
- constructional elements specification (quantity, dimensions, features).
information on technical equipment and its layout (in-house wiring, power calculation, selection and installation of appropriate devices and fixtures):
- heating system and ventilation (HS-V unit);
- water supply and wastewater disposal (WS-WD unit);
- electric power supply (EPS unit).